Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, I don't think it is a good sign that it is almost February and I am just now getting to my blog this year. But, oh well. We had a fantastic holiday and are excited to see what 2010 brings. I may never get around to posting the Christmas pics. It might be March but since it is my blog I can do what I want. Right?!  

Today has been a great day. A little cleaning, a little playing in the snow, and now the boys are all sleeping and I am blogging! It just doesn't get much better. Well, adding a KU win tonight would be a nice way to top it all off! We will see. 
Here is a little of what I have been up to:
1) My mom's bible study has started the Beth Moore study Esther.  I LOVE it!
 One of my new year's resolutions was to make bible study a higher priority and this book has made it easy to do everyday.  

2) The other New Year's resolution is to get back in a workout routine. Oh My! I am still struggling to get it done everyday but have definitely taken some positive steps.  I really like using The 30 day Shred. 
I mean I know there are better videos out there (P90X - we even own them).  But....I can't find 50-90 minutes to work out. Maybe someday but right now I can't see myself getting up at 5:30 and I just get frustrated with the kids when they start interrupting my hour long workout. So this works - I mean anyone can squeeze in a 20 minute workout! And for those of you who are skeptical - TRY IT!

3) I am also bit by bit taking the wall paper down in the bathroom. Pics to come sometime later when there are after pics to share. 

4) Crafting! Yes, my sewing machine has been dusted off and used - A LOT!  I made the boys halloween costumes, angel costumes for the church Christmas program, gifts for friends babies, and 9 pairs of pjs for my nieces and nephew and matching doll pjs. I think they turned out pretty good. The problem: My list of projects has gotten very long I think it may be this time next year until it is all done.
Here are my nieces and Nephew and my kids in their pjs.
 
Here is the doll pjs. I ended up making a boy version for Drew's bear. I wish I would have taken a pic.


5) Just enjoying life at home with my boys! I can't believe Kaden will be in school next year - all day everyday. That will change things around here for sure. 

I hope everyone else's new year is off to a great start. 




3 comments:

Diane said...

WHAT????? You are sewing now, too??? You're killing me, woman! They are darling, though! You know how I feel about Esther and I am getting ready to order 30-day Shred...thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

Seriously, 30 day shred is only 20 minutes?? I can do 20 minutes!

Kelli said...

Yes Meg - 20 min!!! I keep telling myself after I am good at it I will "upgrade" to a harder and longer workout but for now it makes me sore and I can fit it into my day and that is good enough.