Last week I got a call from Kaden's school that Kaden had gotten hurt on the playground and needed stitches. Even though that doesn't seem very serious I still had that sinking nervous feeling. Mostly worried about how bad it might be and how much pain he might be in. I was already in town and not far from his school so I was able to get there pretty fast, but I also worried all the way there. Well, we got there and he did have a pretty deep cut on the top of his head but after examining it and calling for a medical opinion we decided it didn't need stitches so we took him back to school.
When I picked him up for the day I told him how worried I had been when I got that phone call. He looked at me and said "Mom, didn't you pray." He said it so directly and confidently. I had to admit I hadn't. I had been too worried for that even to cross my mind. Sometimes, I guess, our kids teach us more then we teach them.
Dear God, I am so thankful for the seed that has been planted in Kaden's heart. May that continue to grow and develop. And in the next scary or unknown situation involving my kids may I have the presence of mind to stop and pray. Amen

1 comments:
Kids are such a blessing to help remind us what is truly important!! My kids do this all the time for me.
Post a Comment