My Cubie & Sparky ready for Awana.
This is a great program for scripture memory. I love that it has an- at home- at our own pace component and the boys love that they can earn patches for their vests!
Through this experience I have also learned more about my kids. Kaden was so nervous to tell the listeners the verses he knew. It took 3 weeks to get through his first verse because he was too nervous to tell them he knew the whole thing. (Something he got from me) He was especially shy because this is at a church that isn't the one we go too, therefore the listeners were strangers. But, he has overcome that. I also had no idea Jack had such a good memory. Probably another trait of mine. He can pick up verses soooo easily. It reminds me I need to be careful what all he sees and hears because it will definitely stay in his little mind. Or on the flip side intentionally fill his heart and mind with good stuff.
"We will teach the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, ... He commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born and they in turn would tell their children." - Psalm 78: 4-7

1 comments:
Agreed! Can't wait for Mia to move up to the next class! I think she'll be a lot like Jack! Good job Kaden and Jack!
Post a Comment