Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jack-isms

Oh my word...we never know what Jack is going to say!


J: Dad, did they have spoons in the olden times?
Tim: It depends what you are calling the olden times.
J: Like the olden times, back when you where born. You didn't have spoons so you used sticks to stir stuff. Is that right, dad? 



















On the last snow day:
I was complimenting Kaden on choosing not only a well put together outfit but one that was weather appropriate as well. And then I hear this from J: Hey mom, is a tank top good for today?  Which he then paired with too-little-pants.



















J: Mom, I think our baby speaks Spanish.
Me: What? Why do you think that?
J: Because, I can't understand him. It must be because he is using spanish words.
K: Jack, that is just baby talk.

Jack just wakes up in a really happy mood - always earlier then we would like and TALKING usually about something random. This morning it was something about chocolate frogs.  One morning it was a never ending story about dragon rabbits. Most mornings I have to remind myself how thankful I am that he wants to get in bed with us and tell us EVERYTHING on his mind. It won't last forever.

The other day KU played a "red team". Everyone was happy they  won in our house, except Jack.  "I wanted the Red Team to win. NOT the Jayhawks."  What on earth are we going to do with this kid!



1 comments:

Diane said...

He's a funny boy! We have one like him, too, and good point on these kiddos wanting to tell us every little detail now!

And, although, you know it isn't for the crimson and blue, I feel your pain on the thought of them wanting to go anywhere but our alma mater!!!