"Riding in Cars is the most dangerous thing my kids do. And they do it everyday!" by unknown
Some of you who live close have probably noticed Kaden is now rear facing agin in the car. Here is the scoop... Over the past couple months I have been reading and researching car seats. It all started when Jack outgrew his infant carrier. I considered myself to be pretty car seat savvy. I know the laws, read my seats manual, and even knew *most* of the guidelines from the Safe Kids Campaign. But what I found I didn't know was SHOCKING. So I am sharing some of the links I was provided. Take them or leave them. I at least wanted to pass on the information I was given. It has changed my philosophy on carseats. I was informed that each car seat milestone your child hits is actually a step down in safety.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2LFo8vVi04&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ&mode=related&search=
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx
The thing that sold me (to do extended rear facing with Kaden) was the crash test footage on the cpsafety website. I won't lie it is more difficult to lift him into his seat and it has taken some adjustment for me. But he doesn't seem to care and hasn't complained. Even on a 7 hour car ride he was happy the whole time! If you have any questions reguarding your carseat visit the Car seat Safety board on Babycenter (you know I love that site). They have several Techs and offer great advice. They gave me all the information above. BTW - a lot of kids Kaden's age are too big to be RF. But Kaden's seat allows him to be RF until 33 lbs. and he is only 28 lbs. so I felt like I should turn him around for while longer.
* I really debated about posting this. I don't want to preach. But in the end I was so shocked I didn't know this stuff that I wanted the information to be passed on. If anyone has different or additional information please share.

0 comments:
Post a Comment