1) You have run out of towels. Then decided beach towels will work. And you have now run out of those too.
2) You can't find anything for anyone in the house to wear. There have been some unusal outfits created and you have decided the kids can just sleep in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. All this you blame on your 4 year-old and 2 year-old for wanting to choose their own clothes.
3) You have forbidden the kids from taking off their shoes because if their socks get wet or dirty you will be getting two un-matched socks from the lost socks box.
4) That washer & dryer commerical with the floor to ceiling mountains of folded laundry could have been shot at your house.
5) You have enough colors to wash a full load of each color. (blacks & reds) (blue, green, & orange) ( light colors). I also have a FULL load of jeans, delicates, baby clothes, and whites. And I have a large capacity washer!
So you might ask how we are doing with 3 little kids. Well, we are doing great - the house not so much. Only the most important things are getting done, which for the time being I have decided is okay. I guess laundry isn't important until you have have nothing left to wear. By the way, it hit the critical list today and is all getting done.
I also want to note: It is taking a lot for me to admit this. But, I want there to be an accurate record of what life was like for us at this stage. Someday I am going to print all these blog entries in a book for our kids.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
You know you have a lot of laundry when...
Posted by Kelli at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Kelli, don't feel bad you just gave birth and it is totally understandable with having kids to help make more dirty clothes.
I have a pile of laundry too and it is only the two of us. Granted I do have some dog towels and blankets that could be washed but I am not counting those. With me being sick, having my tooth pulled and then getting sick again and Jason being sick we have a mountain. All 5 of my laundry baskets are full and both of the hampers are full and Jason started piling clothes ontop of the hampers... Then late last night he tells me if I don't do laundry he won't have any undies to wear the next day.
So I was up doing laundry until midnight before they were ready to go in the dryer. It got colder here so he wore all his short sleeve shirts and shorts and then his long sleeve shirts and pants, luckily he still has enough clothes to last the rest of the week left. Then I have a load full of towels and a load full of sheets. We have used both of our extra sets of sheets, well the good ones anyway. I don't want to have to dig deep enough to get the old ones out.
I have also been putting grocery shopping off too. But did manage to get a few things at Target before I got sick and had to leave in a hurry. I am about out of Tide so I will have to go back to the store soon and hope it doesn't end like the last trip.
You are not alone Hun! If I didn't have so much going on right now I would pack up and head over there and help you clean or do laundry or watch the boys so you could get stuff done or take a nap!
I hear ya! I can do laundry everyday and not get it done. I have resided to the fact that if the bathrooms are cleaned at least once a week we are doing pretty good. It is good to hear other moms keep it real so that others don't get overwhelmed with trying to keep up with something unrealistic. You are doing an awesome job...keep it up. We should get together sometime...if you are up for a chaotic time!
ummm, yeah. My "baby" is 18 months old and some days we're out of really important things - like - (shhh!) underwear. ;) I think you're doing great.
Yes, yes, yes! Keep it real, girl! I love full disclosure (as you already know!). You can be the perfect little housewife when the kids are in school!
Kelli,
I think Tonya outdid you tonight at the Harvest Costume Party at church! She was wearing her laundry! Basket and all! Missed seeing you and what you would have come up with for your boys! Hope all is going good!
Post a Comment