Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swim Team...Season in Review

This was Kaden's first year on the swim team and he LOVED it! He did really well and improved his swimming a lot. He also learned a lot about being on a team, competition, winning, and losing.  His coaches were great as were the older kids on the team!  

He swam freestyle, breaststroke, and he was on a freestyle relay.  The breaststroke was his favorite and the one he was the best at. 

Ready to go in his lane assignment



Diving in...Kaden, Harrison, Josh (L to R)
(Top to bottom) Josh, Harrison, Kaden
(top - bottom) Josh, Harrison, Kaden


There was always a bigger kid in the water with them for the freestyle relay. It was their last event and the 5 & 6 year olds were TIRED.


And at Finals Kaden got 2nd in both the breaststroke and Freestyle. His freestyle relay also got 1st.

Tim and I learned a lot about what our future will look like with 3 active boys and I have to say I am SCARED! And to put it in perspective I wasn't ever worried about what to do with a new baby but the thought of all 3 boys busy with sports/activities makes me nervous!

I remember when Kaden was a newborn and I was shopping in Kohl's. There were two other ladies shopping that had just run into each other. They quickly caught up with each other's families and then I heard this statement that has haunted me ever since. "Don't you remember when the kids were in preschool. We thought we were soooo busy! Wow, that was nothing compared to them being in jr. high!" 

And to think I barely have 1 out of that preschool set. Oh Brother! Tim and I are getting in shape so we can handle our future busy schedule! Ha! Seriously, after Kaden's first swim meet we were exhausted. Probably due to a combination of a very early morning, a long time in the sun, wrestling Jack & Ky through the meet, and of course cheering for our little swimmer. Plus we had two t-ball games still to go that night. The kids however, were not tired at all which of course wore us out even more! Fun Times!



1 comments:

Diane said...

I know!! I keep telling Jereme this is the LEAST busy we are ever going to be for like, oh, 18 more years!!! You figure out how to manage three boys in sports/activites and then give me pointers as I am a year or two behind you, okay??