Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy Hikers

Some people have asked why we always go back to Breckenridge…well today is one of those reasons. It took us a couple of years to figure out the trail system here and now that we know it…it just is easy to come back. Sure we have other places we want to visit but at the stage our kids are in…we need to keep things easy. 

We always start off the first day on the same hike. It is fairly easy with lots to see, we can get on it right out of our condo, and it can be any length we want. It crosses the gondola several times so when we get tired we can just jump on it and ride back “home”.  It is a great trail to get acclimated. The Boys did great! We hiked from town, around Cucumber Gulch, to the base of peak 7.
 

Resting



Looking out over Cucumber Gulch
No complaints from this tired little hiker!
 
After our hike the boys swam and then we had dinner in the condo before we headed downtown for ice cream!







Look What we Found!





I also visited my favorite store…EVER. Magical Scraps. I look forward to visiting this little shop EVERYTIME we visit Breckenridge. It just makes me happy! It sells the cutest stuff – most of it stuff they make and they are always busy sewing when you walk in.  I love it because I wish I could find all the cute fabrics they do and I wish I had the time to make everything I have in my mind. I always leave with more ideas!


0 comments: