Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vacation Day 1

Sometimes things just don't go according to plan, even on vacation. Today was just one of those days that I had to continually remind myself to think positively and enjoy this stage with young kids!  Our day started  by finding out the aquarium opened at 10 instead of 9. No problem, we will just walk to REI to kill some time. Because you know with young boys you don't just wait...in one place...for an hour. Well, the boys had "tried out" their new camelbaks already that morning so they all had to go to the bathroom really really bad. We kept walking toward REI and just when the chorus of "we have to go" was about to do us in we came across a port-a-potty. Seriously! When does that happen?! Anyway, we had fun looking at more "stuff" and climbing rocks! On our way back to the aquarium we even utilized the "miracle potty" again! The aquarium was a really good one with huge tanks - a lot better then the one we visited in March in Dallas.


By the way - matching shirts in a really crowded place are a really good idea! I wonder how long the boys will be good with this plan? Ha!
       We enjoyed a really good lunch at the aquarium and even got to watch some scuba divers taking lessons in one of the big aquariums while we ate. It was really fun to tell the boys all about what they were doing. I think they may have actually thought mom & dad were kinda cool - maybe!

 Hudson loved seeing the fish but it wore him out!



 There was a little petting zoo outside the aquarium so we stopped to chase...um feed... the animals.

 After that we decided it was time to head up into the mountains. It should have taken a little over an hour but, took well over 2!!! There was so much traffic & whining & complaining! Once we got to Breckenridge, we unloaded, and the boys went swimming while I went to the grocery store - with everyone else in the mountains! Ha! When I got back the boys didn't want to go eat but I encouraged us too.  It seemed like it was one correction after another and Tim and I were running on empty patience wise. It ended with Hudson puking, not spitting up, puking all over me and him. Wipes weren't going to touch this mess. So, he and I left early and walked back to our condo covered in his bright orange sweet potato puke.  Nice!
We still had some fun and are so thankful to be on vacation together! We just hope tomorrow is a little less challenging!

0 comments: