Saturday, July 12, 2008

OUCH!!!

We moved to a place that is anti - ethanol. That makes telling people what my husband does fun. I guess they would rather be dependent on the Middle East.


This sign isn't even accurate. If it were really 100% gas your car wouldn't work very well. Gas has to have an oxygenate in it (alcohol of some kind).

This isn't just at one gas station either. They are all over town. This area is kind of behind where other states are. I am guessing a lot of these gas stations do have E10 but there isn't a labeling law here.

Tim met our neighbor a few weeks ago. He wasn't very neighborly.

Neighbor: So what do you do?

Tim: Renewable fuels

Neighbor: What is that?

Tim: Ethanol, wind, bio- diesel

Neighbor: What is the future of ethanol? - I hope not good.

Tim: Hmm - Explanation begins. (Thinking: Nice to meet you too, xxxxxxx).

His question was a good one. Why he followed with his side comment I have no idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the "Specials" that are posted after the intelligent comment about Corn. So ironic! Good luck in oil-lover-land!

Elena said...

So what has been happening? We haven't heard from you in a while.
Keep us posted.