Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jack's Thomas Party

Jack really looked forward to his birthday and his party. He looked at the toy aisle EVERY time we went to Wal-Mart looking for what he would want for his birthday. He talked about his party and the friends he wanted to invite. We had his party at a park that has a train that runs through it - which we reserved for the day.  The night before the party Jack overheard me ask Tim what we were going to do if it rained during the party. That night we heard Jack talking to Kaden in a very worried tone asking What we would do if it rained during his party. He was really worried about it. The good news is that the weather was BEAUTIFUL so no need to worry. 


When I was planning our busy party weekend (did I mention we did Jack's party on a Saturday and Kyler's on Sunday). I was trying to decide how I was going to pull off the preparations and cakes for two parties. Tim asked Kaden if he remembered any of his birthday cakes. Tim was trying to prove to me it didn't matter if I made cakes or not the boys didn't remember them any way. This backfired. Kaden said his favorite was the pirate ship cake I made for his 3rd birthday. So, that told me I needed to make a special cake for Jack for his 3rd birthday too.  
So here is the Thomas the train cake I made for him. 

And it was a hit. He would just stand and look at it. In fact we were worried he wouldn't let us cut it. 


My mom is part of the club that operates the train so she was the train engineer for the day.

Here is Jack on the train.

Here is Kaden and his buddies.

While we were on the train Sir Topham Hatt brought Jack a present. Inside it said he had sent Thomas to the party but he had gotten lost and there was a clue of where to look for him. Which led us to more clues. When we found Thomas (a pinata) and he brought the kids candy!

Candy!!!

Kyler found a sucker!



Kyler liked the cake!

Adam and Mia

Opening presents

This present was what was known as "the birthday trucks". My mom picked this out when Jack was with her. He didn't forget and everytime he went to her house he went to visit the birthday truck. He would even get to play with it...in the box. 

I think it will be a birthday he will remember.

4 comments:

Heather said...

HOLY COW! You made that cake. I'm very impressed! I don't think Kyler or Kaden will forget the Thomas birthday!

Lori said...

What a cute birthday party & awesome cake! You are such a great little party planner.

Newberry said...

That cake looks so good! I'm impressed :)

Elizabeth Mullins said...

You are amazing! Great job on the cake!