This is what I think of when I think about living in the country...
Fresh clean air
Quiet days and Nights
My kids running through fields of wild flowers or playing on hay bales.
Wagon rides down the lane.
...Then there is the reality... and last night was one of those times.
The kids were playing outside. It was a gorgeous fall evening. I heard our dog start to bark and it wasn't his normal bark. So I went outside to see what it was and nearly walked right into a raccoon. It clearly had rabbies. It was day and it was stumbling around our yard. I screamed and out came my very own Rambo.
Who saved us all by killing the raccoon.
Our beagle and Kyler are both terrified of loud noises so they ran and stood at the back door crying and shaking.
Just an exciting perk of the country or something like that!
Oh, and later that night after the kids were in bed. Hubby looked at me and said; "Want to go sit outside and shoot armadillos?" Ha! I nearly died laughing! Maybe a different night...

2 comments:
Good job, Rambo!!! Too bad it had rabies, you could've skinned it and made some soup.....kidding!
Oh my! I would have screamed my head off! Thank goodness Tim was there to take care of it for you. I also like the comment about shooting the armadillos. What a romantic evening that would be :)
Post a Comment