Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School 2010


Our morning started off great!  Busy, but we still had time to slow down for devotional time. The boys look forward to this in the morning. I just need to always make sure I am prepared enough that we have time for it. 

We dropped off Jack first. Tim took him in. He walked right in and told Tim he could leave.


Then it was Kaden's turn.




 We took him in and he went right to his seat. I asked him if he was ready for us to leave. He said No. I could tell he was starting to panic. He couldn't get his backpack to open right so he could get his school supplies out. I almost lost it. But, I helped him, which made things better and he said we could leave.  

By the way, Kaden is attending the same Elementary School I did!

So, I came home with Kyler. It was so quiet! I took Kyler on a wagon ride and we just did some housework together. Kyler is such a helper! He played for awhile and then it was time to go get Jack.  We came home and Kyler and Jack played together, we ate lunch, Kyler napped and Jack laid down for a rest. Preschool must have worn him out! Then it was time to go get Kaden!

Me: Kaden, How was school?
K: AWESOME! I LOVED IT!
K: I had the awesomest chicken sandwich!
M: So, you liked lunch?
K: Yes, we also had an awesome salad, awesome chips, and chocolate milk! It was awesome!
K: We also got 3 recesses! I just loved Everything!

So, there you have it. He loved school and it proves the way to his heart is through his stomach!

Both Kaden's & Jack's  Teachers Read them this wonderful book:

This is the song we sent our boys to school with. "The Words I would say" by Sidewalk Prophets



Boys, 
"You're going to do great things, I already know"
Love, Mom









1 comments:

Diane said...

I am not listening to the song yet this morning for fear I might bawl but are you using something specific with your kids for devotions?