I hate to complain about all the rain we have been getting as the high temperatures have been about 70. Which for August is just wonderful! With all the rainy days there have been many opportunites for parental greatness. You know I could be baking with the boys, painting, playing play dough, or playing endless board games. But I haven't taken any of these opportunities. All those wonderful educating opportunities are messy. I already have a ton of cleaning to do without adding to the mess. Now normally I would just suck it up and at least do one of those things a day but with the hugeness I am now just keeping up with the normal housework is about all I can manage. Plus with Jack's birthday party this weekend my to-do list is already pretty long. So what you may ask have we been doing. The boys have been watching movies and trashing the playroom. Today, we had a lot of fun. I took them to McDonald's for lunch - not because the food is so nutritious but because if we ate there they could play on the toys. So I fed them junk but they got exercise so I figured it kind of balanced out. Even better I got to sit by myself and check my email (thank you Tim for the i phone). This could become a weekly activity this winter!
Now on to school supply shopping - something else we did today. I couldn't find anything we needed. I know school starts here tomorrow so they were probably pretty picked over but Kaden needs really simple supplies. The problem is I couldn't find simple supplies.
Here is what he needed:
1 container Clorox wipes - CHECK
4 oz. Elmers Glue - CHECK
1 pkg. Elmers Glue sticks - CHECK
1 pkg. 8 count "big" crayons - There were reg. crayons, jumbo crayons, triangular crayons, and 16 count big crayons - but not one pkg. of what I needed.
1 pkg. 8 count Washable markers- There were bold
colors and bright colors but not classic colors.Crayola has made everything too fancy and complicated. I couldn't find just the 8 standard colors in a package and I don't want my 4 year old to have to decide whether to use blue- green or puprle - blue when the directions are to color the sky blue. And yes I could have gotten Rose Art colors. After all they are cheaper but if you have ever seen the color they produce (watered down not true to life color EX: red looks pink) they aren't worth buying.
I couldn't even find all of Jack's supplies.
1 container Clorox wipes - Check
1 container baby wipes - Check
1 bottle of bubbles - WHAT - Where did the bubbles go? I guess we will have to look at Wal-Mart.
I guess it is a good think the boys don't start school until after Labor Day. That gives me time to track down my simple supplies.

0 comments:
Post a Comment