I didn't really ever blog about our trip to Colorado. We went in August on an RV trip with Tim's brother, Brendon and his two kids. We had a great time. We spent 4 days in Breckenridge enjoying the more natural part of Colorado and then spent 2 days in Golden doing some tourist type attractions. I will have to say Breckenridge was the best part. We probably would have stayed there the whole time but the Alpine slide was closed so we went to Golden to go down theirs.


A favorite time of day for Tim and I. The kids got up and we cooked breakfast outside. The kids sat around and waited in their P.J.s
Tim did all the outside cooking.




An absolute favorite for the kids was building the campfire and making S'mores.
Jack became the "Marshmallow Man"
Later I traded him for graham crackers. I thought it seemed more healthy.
Kaden showing us his dance.
Since Breckenridge's gondola was closed this summer and we knew that would be a hit with the kids we set out to find a working gondola. First we went to Keystone becuase the lady in Breckenridge told us they had one working this summer. They didn't. Then we called Vail. They had one up and running for the summer. So we drove over there and when we got there it had just started to rain so they had closed the gondola until the rain stopped. So the kids got ice cream while we waited. Fortunately by the time the ice cream was gone the gondola was open again. The kids did really like going to the top of the mountain.


Jack's hair would be standing straight up at the end of the ride.

There are some other pics I might share later. Thank you to Pat and Ann for letting us take their "bus". It is a great way to travel with kids.

1 comments:
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I am glad the baby didn't decide to join you on your vacation too. We love Casa Bonita, we have to stop there anytime we go through Denver.
Post a Comment