Sunday, September 28, 2008

A fishy funeral and the words I never wanted to hear

Chip the fish died. I don't know what happend to him. It could have had something to do with the popcorn and kernels that we also found in his bowl. Although, he didn't look all that healthy when we bought him. So I don't know. But, Chip is now buried in our backyard. We told Kaden we could go to the pet store and get a new fish and even name it Chip if he wanted to. Kaden's response: "How about we go to the pet store and get a snake named Chip." Uh - No! I won't tell him this but I am absolutely terrified of snakes and will not have one living in my house. I told him we will stick with a fish and maybe Santa will bring him a different animal like a frog.

2 comments:

CJ said...

ACCKKKK!!! Hopefully he will never ask for a spider, lizard or rat either. Hamsters even freak me out now because one bit me when I was 20 and they are really stinky too. If he keeps asking for one you could try telling him that the dogs would try to eat it? Or tell him he can get a pony named chip if he never ever asks for another creepy crawly critter again? Hopefully he won't find something like that in the yard and try to bring it to Mommy as a present.

Diane said...

A sad day at the Barker house, indeed. I am thinking it was wise of you not to divulge a fear of snakes...that could come back to haunt you!

Miss you and call when you have some time (and energy!).